15 Nov 125 Years of the Diocese of Lebombo Celebration
Rev Carla Vicencio Prior, MANNA Trustee and Link with Lebombo Diocese pictured above with Edna & Fatucha, ordinands from the diocese and Bishop Vicente Msosa from Niassa.
A visa that arrived at the last minute by a rushing postman a few hours before her flight, was the start of Rev Carla Vicencio Prior’s visit to Lebombo Diocese. It was a special visit: her first and one to celebrate 125 Years of the Diocese of Lebombo with thousands of other Anglicans. And what a visit it was. I’m not sure her feet hit the ground at all! A 4 day visit included
- Diocesan Synod,
- Meetings about the new Seminary,
- Meetings with new ordinands,
- Time with other Lebombo partners: ALMA Helen Doery & Martin How; Rev Jonathan Foults from USA and Daniel Pina Cabral from Lusitanian Church
- Presentations from the Umoja work, Microfinancing and education projects, ASA, Environmental Action, PEJA supporting education and sunday schools and public health, Youthwork and Chaplaincy to the elderly
- Conversations with Mothers Union president
- Witnessing the birth of the Anglican church in Mozambique
- A large health fair for everyone
- A party with bands
- A huge final Celebration Service in Pavilhão De Maxaquene with President Nyusi, 5 Bishops, 50 priests and about 2,000 people with much singing and worship.
What a privilege to be a part of such a momentous occasion.