MANNA promises to respect and keep safe any personal data you share with us. We aim to be clear about how we will use your data and not do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect from us.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 1998 the data controller is MANNA of 1 The Green, Marcham OX13 6NE a registered charity with Charity Number: 262818.
What information will we collect?
If you support us, for example make a donation, volunteer, register to fundraise or sign up for our newsletters, we will usually collect:
- Your name
- Your contact details
- Your bank or credit card details (if applicable)
- Details of previous donations to us
- Details of your intention to leave a gift to MANNA in your will (if applicable)
Why do we collect your information?
We collect your data in order to allow us to process your donation and keep in touch with you, if you tell us you are happy for us to do so. We will use your data to:
- Provide you with the information you asked for
- Administer your donation or support your fundraising, including processing Gift Aid
- Keep a record of your relationship with us
- Ensure we know how you prefer to be contacted
Holding this information is necessary for our legitimate interests as a charitable organisation.
How is your personal information collected?
We collect information:
- When you pass it to us directly by making a donation or signing up for our e-newsletter.
Using our website
With your consent, we will contact you by either post or email to let you know about the progress we are making and to ask for donations or other support. Our forms include information on how to opt out when we send you marketing. If you don’t want to hear from us, just let us know when you provide your data. If you change your mind at any time, just contact us [email protected]
Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
We will share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
If we do need to share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers, we require them to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
Which third-party service providers process my personal information?
The following third-party service providers process personal information about you for the following purposes:
- PayPal – Process one off gifts to MANNA given through our website.
- Justgiving – Process gifts to MANNA given through our website.
- Give.net – Process gifts to MANNA given through our website.
- HMRC – If you tell us you would like us to claim Gift Aid on your donation, we will provide information to HMRC in order to make the Gift Aid claim.
- Mailchimp – E-newsletter provider. Store details of all donors who opt in to receive our e-newsletter.
How secure is my information with third-party service providers?
All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
What about other third parties?
We may also need to share your personal information with a regulator or to otherwise comply with the law.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.